This Cookies Notice is intended to be read alongside the Foundation’s Privacy Notice, which can be found https://endeavourfund.co.uk/privacy-and-cookie-policy/
Sections of this policy
- What are cookies and how do they work?
- Types of cookies and how we use them
- Website cookie acceptance
- How to manage and delete cookies
- Changes to this Notice
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, laptop and/or mobile device, that contain details of your browsing history on the website and distinguish you from other users. They are widely used and help to provide you with relevant and personalised content and advertising, and help make websites work more efficiently. Your browser sends cookies back to the website every time you visit, so it can recognise you and can tailor what you see on the screen.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Types of cookies and how we use them
Information supplied by cookies helps us build a picture of how people interact with the website, and how we can improve it. Types of cookies we use include:
- Essential / strictly necessary cookies – some cookies are essential so you can move around the website(s) and use its features, including for example account login and saving incomplete webforms. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remember where you’ve been on the internet.
- Functionality cookies – these remember choices you make to improve your online experience, such as recently viewed pages, and enabling social media components, like Facebook and Twitter.
- Performance cookies (for analytics) – these cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. They keep track of what pages and links are popular and are performing well so we can make improvements and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications. As a charity, we need to make sure our charitable funds are spent in the most efficient and therefore effective way possible.
- Third party cookies – we also use some tools on our pages from social networks, such as Twitter and Facebook, and third parties such as YouTube. They also set cookies on our website(s) on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. These cookies are placed on our website, and may collect information about your online behavior, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from, and what you may have previously purchased from us. If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, please see their individual privacy policies.
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why.
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose||Duration|
Website cookie acceptance
How to manage and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. How you do so will depend on the browser you use, but the Help function within your browser should tell you how. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contain comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers, as well as more explanation of how cookies work.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our websites.
Changes to this Notice
This Notice was last updated on 16th May 2018